July 2nd, 2010
Once again Jessica and I shopped and ate our way through Pittsburgh and the outlying areas—occasionally accompanied by friends. Thank you for tolerating my picture posts! This camera came at the perfect time and I am loving all of the adventures with Jessica and playing with my new camera. For those who asked—it’s a Fujifilm s1800.
- We met my best friend Shannon at Starbucks before hitting up the Tanger Outlets.
- A trip the THE Giant Eagle Market District (we snagged some heirloom tomatoes!)
- Frolicked in fresh food heaven
- Jess made an amazing fresh salad—I’ll get the recipe for yinz
- Made scones with fresh cherries
- Chocolate covered cherries and strawberries
- Enjoyed Prestogeorge’s Highlander Kreme coffee on the balcony
- Chicago has deep dish pizza, Philly has cheese steaks, Pittsburgh as Primanti’s
- All sammies come with meat, provolone cheese, coleslaw, and french fries on sourdough bread
- Topped off with hand-dipped ice cream (always room for ice cream because it melts and fills in the cracks in your stomach)
- They have Pistachio frozen yogurt—AH-mazing.
- Came home to enjoy some wine and hookah
- Everything in moderation
- Family picnic tomorrow! Right now I can’t even imagine more food. Ugh I am so stuffed.
What are your plans for the weekend? Anyone going to see fireworks?!
Hopefully I will! Hopefully I’ll also get some time to catch up on blogs!