March 17th, 2011
Today is another one of those days when I just feel like complaining. I won’t, don’t worry. Instead of whining about nothing (really, it is nothing, I am just a grump!), I will list for you some of the good things about my day.
I really don’t think there is anything wrong with feeling discouraged or grumpy, but the problem comes when we let it affect the way we act. So, instead of letting the little, frustrating things beat me like they try to do, I’ll rise above them and focus on what I loved about today:
- I woke up next to Dave. That’s always nice (unless he talks to me…I hate it when people talk to me before 9 am).
- I wore one of my favorite shirts to work. It’s a tank top, so this is the first chance I’ve had to wear it this year!
- Tech services at work fixed my computer which was giving me trouble yesterday.
- I got to talk to my mom!
- I went for a nice, short, slow run…in shorts!!!
- I drove past a car wash that had a sign stating it was 67 degrees out…holy heat wave, Batman!
- I even squeezed in a Jillian Michaels workout…although I’m not sure if that’s something I enjoyed. I enjoyed it when it was over!
- I painted my toenails in light of the warmer weather. Not that they are any prettier now. They were ugly and plain before…now they are just ugly and pink. All 8 of them.
- I ate one of my favorite combinations: broccoli, cauliflower, and Heinz ketchup. Weird, I know.
- Dave made it home safely from his group bike ride. I get so worried when it’s cycling season…drivers, pay attention please!
Well, there you have it! 10 great things about my day. Kind of makes me feel better just writing them down.
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
”Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”