June 20th, 2011
I’ve noticed that yinz love a good confessional post. Whether it be the heartfelt weakness post, or the equally honest yet more lighthearted #confessionsofarunner, everyone likes to know those dirty little secrets.
Being the people-pleaser that I am, and also that I have no dignity, here ya go:
- Sometimes I pick my nose when it’s stuffy. I have yet to find a better cure.
- I hate using the phone. It’s such a mark of my generation but I truly hate the phone.
- I also refuse to check voicemail left on my cell phone. Don’t ever leave a message. EVER.
- Pretzel MnM’s have been a staple in my diet over the past week. Make it stop!
- I had a crush on a grad assistant in college. I’m pretty sure he felt the same way. I signed up for every course he taught (right, Amanda?)
- Speaking of college, I once returned from the first night of my History of Modern Philosophy class in tears because I WAS SO EXCITED about the course content. And that the professor loved Martin Luther as much as me. I may have had a crush on him, too.
- Also, I cried when I got into the Tolkien and Lewis class my senior year. I had to read so much for that class, but I regarded it more like a first grader regards recess. I had to do all my other work before I let myself read the assignments.
- My dream Master’s program is offered at a school in Moscow, Idaho. When I think of the coursework, I get giddy. When I think of Moscow, Idaho, well…I don’t.
- I used to manipulate my little brother into letting me put makeup on him and get him to do things little boys wouldn’t usually agree to. We even had our own choreographed performance of “The Sound of Music” soundtrack. It’s amazing he’s so normal.
- Growing up, one of my biggest celebrity crushes was Kent McCord. Don’t know who he is? Google him. I’ll add that I was only allowed to watch TV-Land. Normal, popular shows like Saved by the Bell and Friends were banned in our house.
- I’m scared to death of flying. I hate it so much. I’m already getting nervous about my flight to California for my cousin’s wedding at the end of July. I’d rather drive across the country.
- I get it from my parents. They are taking a train to the same wedding. Heaven help them.
- Remember S Club 7? No? I wish I could forget too, but I loved them in 7th grade. My mom reminds me every chance she gets.
- This is no secret, but I honestly cannot dance. Both my brothers have more rhythm and coordination than me. However, Dave managed to capture a rare moment last weekend:
Yea, that happened.
I can’t believe I just put that picture online.